Wednesday, April 12, 2006

It has been a good week!

On weekend with homecoming at WCC, it was fairly busy. Very late hockey game on Friday nite, 10:00 to 12:15. WCC alumni against current WCC team. I am not alumni, however I played with them. Of course age, smarts and passing came thru again with alumni winning all 3 games (games up to 5). Sat morn had a LST Canada meeting, 10:00 to 12:30. Spent evening at WCC, banquet and evening program.
Sunday worship was at WCC, not nearly as good as it should have been, however, any worship is good. Highlight was monday nite, where Rich K and myself started our visiting of our congregation. Elders have decided to visit all members of our congregation over the next few months. We visited Wilf and Eloise Smith and Ruth Robinson. Ruth is one incredible lady. So positive. This makes be an elder such a blessing. I think this is something that will really bring our church together. Last night I was at a transition committee meeting where we interviewed the final two candidates for our new senior minister job. Now we need to prayer to God for wisdom, for direction and clarity. Tonite Rich and myself visit a couple of more families in our congregation. Tomorrow I take off to go visit my parents in Ituna, and then off for weekend. I am so looking forward to it. God has certainly blessed me with a great week.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jill Slywka said...

i'm glad that you had a good weekend. and i am glad that you posted on here so that i can know what is going on. soon i will be home and i will know is going on there by myself - without anyone having to tell me.

wrote my final this morning. went pretty good - not too hard. played frisbee with my friends afterwards. now i will try to get some studying done before i go out for supper with my friends tonight. should be fun - just wish that i didn't have to study. i'm kind of getting tired of it. oh well, there is not much that i can do about it, except buckle down and study hard.

love you dad. talk to you soon.

jilly

11:03 AM  
Blogger TamaLa said...

Hey Eddie!
Wayto start a blog...this is so cool! Glad to hear about your good week. Sometimes looking back at that we can squeeze into just a few days is kind of tiring eh?!
Way to go Alumni Hockey boys for kicking those young(er) butts!

6:38 PM  
Blogger jerms said...

hey ed.
nice to hear what you are up to a little bit.
miss you up here.
hope all is well in regina.

8:51 AM  
Blogger chelsey said...

glad to see you here, and to have a little info on how things are going at glen elm. i'll be praying for you guys as you make that decision.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Craig,Leah,Lena said...

Edward! Nice to read what's going on in the world of the Slywka's. thanks for keeping us 'BCers' updated!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Ian said...

Hi Ed. My kids got me on to doing a blog too (out of self defence). We like to keep up with what is going on in Regina so I hope you keep updating your blog. May God bless you in your work there.

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home